Half-term has arrived, with all it’s spooky fun and fervour. With all those sweets and chocolates, it can be very easy to end up with children who have a lot of energy to burn. Wrexham always has a lot going on over the half-term and this October is no exception. Here is a quick selection of the events going on
- 31st of October, 2023 – Family Spooky Crafts – 12pm – Gwersyllt Resource Centre – The Little Learning Company will be at Gwersyllt Hub delivering a spooky craft session! The session is FREE to attend.
- 1st November, 2023 – Parent And Toddler Craft – 9:30 – 11:00 – Hightown Resource Centre – The Little Learning Company will be at Hightown Resource Centre for some crafts for the younger members.
- 2nd of November, 2023 – AVOW Family Craft Session – 11:30am- Family fun crafts – Gwersyllt Resource Centre -AVOW are back this half term for more free family crafts. Refreshments available for parents/carers and children. Run by the Gwersyllt Community Hub
- 3rd of November, 2023 – Mini Medics (£25 per person) – 9:30am – 12:30pm – Hightown Resource Centre – The Little Learning Company are offering a mini medics session. The Mini Medics courses are a fantastic way to introduce first aid and mental health to children.
There’s also plenty of things going on outdoors. In Plas Madoc there is The Land, Open Monday – Friday from 3.30pm and Saturdays for children aged 5+. Help them run off some of that sugar.
- Street Football 1.30 – 2.30
- Street Football ( over 13’s) – 2.30 – 3.30
- Street Play 3.45 – 5.30 ( starting on the Leisure Centre field)
- Halloween Craft Party 2-4pm
- Land – 3-5pm ( sweet hunt)
- Breakfast & Brews – 10-12
- Land – 3-5
- Youth Club (or street Play) – 5.30-7.30
- Kettle Club drop in – 10-12
- Land – 3-5
- The Pantry @ Kettle Club- 5.30 – 7.30
- Family activity @ Kettle Club – 11.30 – 1.30pm
- Land 1-3
- Land Bonfire 4-6
For more information, see their website.
There are lots of places that you can look for other events around Wrexham*.
- The Leader has a big list of lots of events going on around Wrexham
- Ty Pawb has a series of exhibitions, and spooky crafts, with more events on their Facebook page
- Wrexham Council has a list of smaller events over the month
- The handily-named “What’s On In Wrexham” Facebook Page has bigger events.
* AVOW is not responsible for the contents of external websites.